Michael & Carrie Kline
- "Eye-opening, provoking, educational. Carrie and Michael have so much to share and are great teachers. They planned a wonderful week for us. I can’t say enough good things about my Oral History class and teachers."-Evaluation from "Listening for a Change" Student
- "Michael and Carrie Kline have introduced hundreds of students to the sounds and songs of their community. . . . There is no one we've encountered who can mesmerize fifty 5th graders at once with songs of love and tribulation."-Nathan HayesProgram Manager, The Mountain Institute, Circleville, WV
- "Michael and Carrie Kline are not only exceptional musicians with a great knowledge of their music and its roots, but they have a wonderful ability to use their music to educate audiences about historical and cultural events as well. Very few musicians I've heard can transport listeners so fully to another time and place as they can. "-Elizabeth AltemusPendleton County Committee for the Arts, Franklin, WV
- "Michael and Carrie Kline have a long-respected tradition in the folklore and music worlds. They are recipients of several fellowships which have led to numerous recordings. This top-notch research comes out on stage, captivating the audience and stirring the emotions."-Sparky & Rhonda RuckerModern Day American Folk and Blues Legends
- "Their voices carry the songs with truth and authenticity, without a hint of pretense or affectation, and their guitar accompaniments are excellent, just what the songs call for. With their vast knowledge of West Virginia history and culture you can be assured their concerts are not only a treat for the ear, but a journey into the depth and breadth of the real Appalachia and beyond."-MagpieBringing the People's History Alive Through Music
Saturday, August 17, 2019
West Virginia State Fair
Enjoy several sets by Mountain Music Trail musicians at the Sprint Center Stage of the WV State Fair in Lewisburg, WV. We Klines perform from 5:30-6:10 p.m., featuring mountain songs and ballads and a tribute to the singing Hammons Family on the eve of their induction into the WV Music Hall of Fame.
Friday, August 30, 2019 - Sunday, September 01, 2019
Jackson’s Mill Jubilee near Weston, WV
Come enjoy the square dance Friday night. We Klines play Saturday at 3:00 p.m. and Sunday at 1:00 p.m. There’ll be topnotch jamming around the barn, some of the best gospel & bluegrass music on and off stage. What is the Jubilee? A celebration of Appalachian Heritage, Educational Demonstrations, featuring Indigenous and Bluegrass music concerts, Native American Style Dancing, Chainsaw Carvings, Gristmill demos, Homestead Activities, Photography, Needle Arts and Quilt Show, Antique Tractors and Engines, Carriage Rides, Civil War Encampment, Top quality Artisans, a Zip Line for the active ones, and Kid’s Land for the younger festival participants. Foods – BBQ (Chicken, Beef, & Pork), homemade ice cream, steak sandwiches, and more.
Sunday, September 15, 2019
Seneca Rocks Discovery Center
Appalachian music and songs of the great outdoors performed from 1:00-2:00 and 2:30-3:30 in front of the big glass windows. Gaze out at the majestic rocks while enjoying high mountain harmony duet singing for all ages.
We offer ongoing performances and tours for those visiting West Virginia. Book a Tour.
Talking Across the Lines Featured Product
Written in Blood: Courage and Corruption in the Appalachian War of Extraction
Written in Blood features the work of Appalachia's leading scholars and activists, making available accurate, ungilded, and uncensored understanding of history. Includes feature articles by Michael and Carrie Kline.CDs, Books & Downloadsfor Sale